Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: z-max!!!!! zombies beware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
my local shop got the new zmax ammo from hornady and i figured "hey why not get a box!!!" also my copy of day by day Armageddon came in too from amazon.

[Image: 9b0739d1.jpg]
Can't find Z-max anywhere, they all sell out too fast.....
Nice find, when I stumble across a box or to it will be mine!
I was at the fun store yesterday. They have them on the counter.
Found them at Claytons on 611 in sector 7. Bought the last 3 boxes of 7.62x39 for the AK, after I was done at the range of course....
They currently have some in stock as ace sporting goods
(11-19-2011, 05:21 PM)mdesimo514 Wrote: [ -> ]my local shop got the new zmax ammo from hornady and i figured "hey why not get a box!!!" also my copy of day by day Armageddon came in too from amazon.

[Image: 9b0739d1.jpg]

JL Bourne's Day by Day series is really good. I like his take on it all. I need to pick up the third in the series and replace my first two since they got ruined in the flood.

I see that a couple of you have gotten your hands on some of the Zmax ammo. Has anyone had a chance to test it out yet? I'm intrigued... I did a little research and it appears to be nearly identical to the Hornady Critical Defense rounds (which are awesome! by the way) with the only visible difference being a different colored polymer tip (critical defense= red tip Zmax= yellow tip)

Can anyone verify this for me?
No actual ballistic testing, but I did throw a few down range from my AK47 (7.62x39 123gr), just to make sure it would feed well and properly cycle,etc. It feels like the rifle does actually cycle faster with them, and it doesn't smell as bad as the surplus crap I'm used to shooting out of it. I just wish it was cheaper, because my rifle seriously gets hungry, but at $17 a box, I can't afford to make a habit of shooting it as often as I'd like to....
I bought a box and put it on a shelf with the rest of my stuff....

Pages: 1 2 3 4