Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: z-max!!!!! zombies beware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12-03-2011, 05:48 PM)n0cturn4lsh4d0w Wrote: [ -> ]not to double post but I found them here...
http://www.firequest.com/product640.html

Nice, found this at the link you posted:

Big Grin
I like all the rest here have a few boxes from my local candy store (www.xringsupply.com) but they have not been shot off, just collecting dust in my ZOMPOC vault...

Might break down and pop some .223 this weekend, will post back later.

-D
'Gotta love good 'ol X-Ring!
Went to the range and popped off a box of .223 with my buddy's Colt AR-15 and I will say that they were good but at 2x the price of a Wolf round, no thanks... Smile
(12-12-2011, 09:37 PM)Dagon Wrote: [ -> ]Went to the range and popped off a box of .223 with my buddy's Colt AR-15 and I will say that they were good but at 2x the price of a Wolf round, no thanks... Smile

Thanks for the review. As I kind of figured, these seem to just be critical defense rounds with a fancy box and a higher pricetag. Seems to me like a Zombie's head is gonna splatter no matter what brand/type of rounds you hit him with...

It is a sweet looking box, though! Tongue
I have to admit that their "cool factor" is high but, if it walk like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck...........
The bottom line is if you take an ordinary anything and place a logo on it of some type people will get all glassy eyed and will pay a higher amount for them. Look at the pet rock................
Yeah, I got more people asking me what the green tip was from (painted) and if they were made differently than a standard round (nope). The cost: ZMax .223, 20 rounds = $18.99, Wolf .223, 20 rounds = $8.99 (same store used for prices). The difference was nil (same 55g rounds, just a different color shell) but Hornady claims to use better materials, so the round is less corrosive and cleaner to shoot. Well if you never clean your piece, then I guess it's good but I am saving my $$$, so I say skip unless you just want it to have sitting on a shelf or even better: in your B.O.B!
I went and bought a box from my local shop for $13.99 It's going in the room with my zombie "propaganda". It's not getting used.
Here you go guys. For those of you that are interested. I was mostly correct in my initial assumption that Z-max bullets are just re-packaged standard Hornady rounds. They are actually V-max varmint rounds, not Critical Defense rounds as I had thought.

Enjoy!
picked up enough for 2 mags in the .45 and 2 for the AR. and Day by day Armageddon is a great read, waiting on book 3 to come out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4