Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Best Zombie Guns??? Another G&A article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's another article from Pat Sweeney in Guns & Ammo...

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/11/15/th...e-killing/

8 Best Guns for the Zombie Apocalypse

So the zombies are at your door. Death is upon you, but the gun shop is just a block away. You make a run for it, and you make it to the most extensive armory for miles. Time to make a decision: Which guns do you grab? Contrary to popular belief, not every gun will do the job the same, so to help make up your mind on which guns will save your life, here are my eight best guns for the zombie apocalypse.

Gotta check out the link to see the guns and read the comments....

Not exactly my list, but this guy seems a little new to the whole Zombpocolypse theme.
PS90 or the Henry wouldn't have made my list. Also, why no AK?
Is this guy someone I should know? His choice in guns is quite strange. Sorry, but I feel like ranting a little.

-I definitely have to disagree that a lever action is a good gun for the apocalypse. A lever action is like having all the power and accuracy of a normal battle rifle, with the horribly long reload time of a shotgun, and he's got two of them on his list! Maybe he wants to be a cowboy.

-He says that one reason why he would choose a S&W model 59 is because there is a "huge supply of magazines." I'm pretty sure this is not a very common pistol, and correct me if Im wrong, but pretty sure those magazines are proprietary. Not gonna find them just lying around.

-He says the reason he would choose a PS90 is because of its low recoil. Last I recall, this gun didnt kick any less harder than my AR, and I can think of a dozen better reasons why you might wanna carry this gun. Perhaps because it has a 50 round magazine, or that its so small, light, and compact?

-An old semi-auto hunting shotgun? He did say that we could pick from anything in the whole gun store, right? There are a lot better semi-auto tactical shotguns out there that will be more reliable, lighter weight, and have a much higher ammo capacity.

-Worst of all, his last gun on the list was the remington 870 tactical. Well, at least its on his list. I would have put this gun in the top three.

I wonder if his picks in anyway relate to $s spent on advertisements by the manufacturers...........
(11-16-2011, 07:30 PM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if his picks in anyway relate to $s spent on advertisements by the manufacturers...........

That usually seems to be the reason people site specific makes and models in articles like this.
I would simply point out the fact that ANY gun that you aren't used to, haven't practiced with, and aren't proficient with isn't nearly as good as the one you take to the range often. I'm staying as far away from any store selling guns that I possibly can if the SHTF. It will be a riot due to everyone thinking they can get there and just grab anything to head on out and face the horde. I'm headed to an old school with big thick walls, grates over the windows, and only a few doors that I have to chain shut for the first few days. Most have a cafeteria that will last for at least a few, and lots of water. They have high roofs so that you can recon the immediate area with a decent pair of binoculars and just sit tight until the histeria dies down a bit. Then plan out your next move. I'd be taking the guns that I practice with often, AR15, AK47, and pistols in 9,40,&45. The shotguns would also be along for the ride. This way, anyone else who shows up with any prior knowledge of firearms could at least have a chance at being familiar with something I have on hand. I like 9mm for handguns due to capacity, and AR's and AK's for the same reasons.....
(11-16-2011, 06:34 PM)bagman29 Wrote: [ -> ]PS90 or the Henry wouldn't have made my list. Also, why no AK?

I'm a bit annoyed that there was no AK myself.

I am happy that the glock was at the top of their list...

what about a 1911 or a 10/22?!?!
I like the AR15, but I don't know many people outside of LE or Military who have full auto M4's laying around. I believe an AR/AK, Shotgun and pistol are all anyone needs to start out with when the SHTF. Other things you will find in your travels.
(11-17-2011, 10:17 AM)ZombieDon Wrote: [ -> ]I like the AR15, but I don't know many people outside of LE or Military who have full auto M4's laying around. I believe an AR/AK, Shotgun and pistol are all anyone needs to start out with when the SHTF. Other things you will find in your travels.

full auto weapons in a survival situation, imho, are a waste. in a shtf situation, you need to preserve as much ammo as possible and make your hits count.
I do believe the guns may represent some sort of "payment" or advertisement. Who the hell would choose a Henry lever in a pistol caliber (unless they already had it and owned the same caliber revolver).
Anyway, yeah, no AK? WHAT!? AR, AK, Tactical Shotgun, 308 maybe....glock was a good pick...but I would add a 45 as well just because of the availability of ammo for both of those calibers.
Pages: 1 2