Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Best Zombie Guns??? Another G&A article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-17-2011, 10:29 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 10:17 AM)ZombieDon Wrote: [ -> ]I like the AR15, but I don't know many people outside of LE or Military who have full auto M4's laying around. I believe an AR/AK, Shotgun and pistol are all anyone needs to start out with when the SHTF. Other things you will find in your travels.

full auto weapons in a survival situation, imho, are a waste. in a shtf situation, you need to preserve as much ammo as possible and make your hits count.

I agree with that. But he made a comment about making sure it's set to semi and not giggle which I assume is full auto. I'm all for semi auto and making the shots count.
i am VERY surprised no ak. that marlin is a waste and not to mention that henry. you need a 12g shotty, ar, ak, 9mm pistol. that is where 90% of the avg ammo you will find. that ps90, which is a bad ass rifle, would almost be impossible to find the mags and ammo for it. and no 22lr guns at all? hmmm. i don't trust GA a lot anymore. they get paid to say a gun is good. we all should know what works and what doesn't by now.
(11-18-2011, 02:07 AM)mdesimo514 Wrote: [ -> ]we all should know what works and what doesn't by now.

Which is why I wonder why they are not asking us to write these articles....
(11-17-2011, 01:01 PM)ZombieDon Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 10:17 AM)ZombieDon Wrote: [ -> ]I like the AR15, but I don't know many people outside of LE or Military who have full auto M4's laying around. I believe an AR/AK, Shotgun and pistol are all anyone needs to start out with when the SHTF. Other things you will find in your travels.

full auto weapons in a survival situation, imho, are a waste. in a shtf situation, you need to preserve as much ammo as possible and make your hits count.

I agree with that. But he made a comment about making sure it's set to semi and not giggle which I assume is full auto. I'm all for semi auto and making the shots count.

I'd prefer to simply have a SA weapon without the option of FA so I don't temp myself to flip that switch and waste ammo.

(11-18-2011, 01:15 AM)IronButt Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, but I wouldn't be above picking up the first full auto AR I found laying on the battlefield & attaching it's lower to my Daniel Defense upper. Smile

give me an AK or AR with a bunch of mags and ammo and I'm a happy man!

(11-18-2011, 02:07 AM)mdesimo514 Wrote: [ -> ]i am VERY surprised no ak. that marlin is a waste and not to mention that henry. you need a 12g shotty, ar, ak, 9mm pistol. that is where 90% of the avg ammo you will find. that ps90, which is a bad ass rifle, would almost be impossible to find the mags and ammo for it. and no 22lr guns at all? hmmm. i don't trust GA a lot anymore. they get paid to say a gun is good. we all should know what works and what doesn't by now.

truth be told, when SHTF, I'm picking up an AK, mags, and ammo and heading out.

which reminds me...I really need to get on the ball and buy an AK. lol
(11-18-2011, 05:30 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd prefer to simply have a SA weapon without the option of FA so I don't temp myself to flip that switch and waste ammo.

Yes, but I wouldn't be above picking up the first full auto AR I found laying on the battlefield & attaching it's lower to my Daniel Defense upper. Smile

(11-18-2011, 02:07 AM)mdesimo514 Wrote: [ -> ]i am VERY surprised no ak. that marlin is a waste and not to mention that henry. you need a 12g shotty, ar, ak, 9mm pistol. that is where 90% of the avg ammo you will find. that ps90, which is a bad ass rifle, would almost be impossible to find the mags and ammo for it. and no 22lr guns at all? hmmm. i don't trust GA a lot anymore. they get paid to say a gun is good. we all should know what works and what doesn't by now.

+1.... I need to get one as well Big Grin

Although I am still undecided on what to get, I will have to do more homework on that. Maybe go with a tactical build or a plain Jane?

This Picture is so true.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivati...518228.jpg
(11-21-2011, 12:15 PM)sgt_geist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2011, 05:30 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]

+1.... I need to get one as well Big Grin

Although I am still undecided on what to get, I will have to do more homework on that. Maybe go with a tactical build or a plain Jane?

This Picture is so true.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivati...518228.jpg

I'm going to go with a plain jane version. I'm going to start with a wasr-10, which are relatively cheap, then work up to an Arsenal if I like the feel and function of the wasr-10.
Pages: 1 2