Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Run For Your Lives - Pittsburgh 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://runforyourlives.com/locations/pit...-overview/

Pittsburgh 9/1/12

Same thing that someone posted about in MD, now coming to Pgh (about 45 mins north).

Seeing if anyone else wants to do this. Im considering, be cool to have something to train for. Unfortunately, I have found out that you can not actually kill the zombies Sad

You get a flag belt, which represents your health. No more flags, then youre dead. There are twelve obstacles you must conquer, climb fences, go through tubes, whatever. Unfortunately you don't have a way to repel the zombies either.

See the info page for more details.
if we could shoot the zombies, I'd TOTALLY make the 5+ hour trip out!
Did you see the map of the race area? The website said that each wave of runners will consist of about 400 people. Its gonna be more crowded than a polish wedding! You wont be able to escape from the zombies with all those people around you.
(10-27-2011, 01:46 PM)ZeroZoku Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see the map of the race area? The website said that each wave of runners will consist of about 400 people. Its gonna be more crowded than a polish wedding! You wont be able to escape from the zombies with all those people around you.

I saw the map... the race is basically an open sandbox environment, so long as you complete each obstacle I dont think there are set paths you have to go thru to get from point to point.

I think the key would be to move briskly, keeping your eyes open for zombies of the sprinting variety and only going full speed until you lose them.
i took this day off for a vacation pick at work. told my lt why i picked that day. he thinks i am a lunatic lol
It does look fun. I found a video on youtube from the MD Run for your lives. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, but it looks like you do have to stick to a specific path, and the obstacles look a little bit easy. Here check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL_7UE5n9kE
(10-27-2011, 11:31 PM)mdesimo514 Wrote: [ -> ]i took this day off for a vacation pick at work. told my lt why i picked that day. he thinks i am a lunatic lol

I'm sure this isnt the first time youve given him reason to think that haha
(10-27-2011, 01:46 PM)ZeroZoku Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see the map of the race area? The website said that each wave of runners will consist of about 400 people. Its gonna be more crowded than a polish wedding! You wont be able to escape from the zombies with all those people around you.

Its good to have more people around you, the Zombies will go after the slower ones.
A coworker went to the MD one. He said he had a great time but they're still working out a lot of logistics issues. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
It looks like fun But I just dont see anyone that looked to have any sort of Practical wear. Its all sneakers and shorts. If I ever went I would be there in every bit of tact gear I got.
Pages: 1 2