Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Trailblazer Sawvivor Saw 18 inch "In The Field" Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://nomoreop4.blogspot.com/
Check out and follow my blog for more in depth information on this review, and on other guns, gear, shooting, hunting and the outdoors!
Good info. The IFR is a great way to demonstrate applications. Keep up the good work.
Thanks...

On a side note, you can see the difference with video quality now that ive got the source formats correct. Just wish I could go back and post everything that way hah
I really like Field Review idea. It gives the viewer a much better idea of what the item is capable of and how to use it properly. I also have to give you props on figuring out your formating. While watching this review my girlfriend, who was in the other room, thought I was sawing something.
On a side note if you kept all of your video's working files it shouldn't be a big problem to change the output format to what you are now using. I was also wondering if you write out a script? Ive noticed when you loose your flow you say "um" a lot. Having a script near may help you keep going when you loose your train of thought.
nice video man. I can see where people want to see you using the product you're reviewing in the field, but at the same time, I personally preferred seeing you physically go over a product on your table top. again, JMO. maybe you can mix in both, of course if it's too much work for you.
Nice video and great review. A friend of mine uses the sawvivor and loves it! As a matter of fact we will be using it over the next few days on a camping trip.
(09-25-2011, 09:51 PM)rthrasher2 Wrote: [ -> ]I really like Field Review idea. It gives the viewer a much better idea of what the item is capable of and how to use it properly. I also have to give you props on figuring out your formating. While watching this review my girlfriend, who was in the other room, thought I was sawing something.
On a side note if you kept all of your video's working files it shouldn't be a big problem to change the output format to what you are now using. I was also wondering if you write out a script? Ive noticed when you loose your flow you say "um" a lot. Having a script near may help you keep going when you loose your train of thought.

Unfortunately, the problem was with the source format as well, so there is no way I could re-process all the old videos. I would also lose the video count for views. You are right about the ums. I need to make more of a conscious effort, but my off the cuff style gets in the way sometimes. I do have notes sometimes, and actually did for this review too, you just couldnt see it! Something I need to work on. I will this week on my trip. There should be quite an epic video coming this weekend. I expect somewhere between 30-45 mins.

(09-25-2011, 10:19 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]nice video man. I can see where people want to see you using the product you're reviewing in the field, but at the same time, I personally preferred seeing you physically go over a product on your table top. again, JMO. maybe you can mix in both, of course if it's too much work for you.

There are definitely going to be some reviews, or some parts of reviews that are done on the table top. One thing I think I could definitely do for every review, would be to go over the specs in the table top. And then go out for application. Its tough to split them up though, I think of new things, or forget things during parts where I split them up, so Id almost have to do it same day or keep better notes.
(09-26-2011, 09:35 AM)NoMoreOp4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2011, 10:19 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]nice video man. I can see where people want to see you using the product you're reviewing in the field, but at the same time, I personally preferred seeing you physically go over a product on your table top. again, JMO. maybe you can mix in both, of course if it's too much work for you.

There are definitely going to be some reviews, or some parts of reviews that are done on the table top. One thing I think I could definitely do for every review, would be to go over the specs in the table top. And then go out for application. Its tough to split them up though, I think of new things, or forget things during parts where I split them up, so Id almost have to do it same day or keep better notes.

sweet, I enjoy them either way, to be honest.