Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Patrol Rifle AR15 Challenge Stage 4 at BVRPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Patrol Rifle AR15 Challenge Stage 4 at BVRPC
Watched all 4. Looks like a lot of fun.
Also looks like there were quite a number of malfunctions. Is this normal with an AR?
It was a great time. On this particular stage we had a lot of issues. Personally I had problems with getting the mag to seat properly. The issue was that we had to start with the bolt forward chamber empty, but the course had so many targets we needed a full mag. Full mags dont always seat with the bolt forward. We actually shot this stage first because it was open right after we registered so we blame it partially on our own jitters not thinking. Although, starting with the bolt forward isn't really a realistic way of starting a stage, but for safety purpose they wanted it since we started in the car.

In retrospect we should have started bolt forward, no mag and once out of the car I should have locked the bolt, loaded, racked and then fired, but hind sight is 20/20. Good lesson for future reference. To be honest I dont think I've ever tried to load a full mag with the bolt closed before, but now I know.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep this in mind when/if I get an AR.