Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Food preservation & preperation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Interesting... I have no idea what the hell that is, but I'd be interested in trying it.
I spelled it wrong. Check it out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlrabi

I got plenty if you want to try one. Drive on down and I'll let you try some. Bring your Kimber tooTongue
Superschmelz Kohlrabi FTW!

I am quite interested in trying some... Maybe I'll see if my better half would be up for a road trip sometime (if she's not forever at work).

p.s. She says "Where is down there?"
You have ( or should have ) my address. If you decide to come visit send me a message and I'll send you the grid for your gps.
Hey CBS, I picked a couple larger zucchini yesterday. Today, my better half went out and got three more. I cannot find a way to store them for long term storage other than blanching them or making relish, etc. Do you know anything about canning them by themselves? I found some videos on youtube about canning them with tomatoes and other shit, but not solo. I already made bread and am probably going to blanch some and make some relish.

Let me know if you have any "recipes" on how to can them? Thanks

Colonel
I've never canned any but the people I know who have were not please with the results. They sort turn to mush.
You can dehydrate them. You can slice them and dehydrate to make chips or you can shred it and dry it so you can use it for bread
(07-01-2012, 08:07 PM)Stonewall Wrote: [ -> ]You can dehydrate them. You can slice them and dehydrate to make chips or you can shred it and dry it so you can use it for bread

Blanch first or just slice & dry?
I never blanched them and they seemd fine but I do not know if you are supposed to or not. I have seen recipes for to make "crab" cakes with shredded zuccini and no crab meat, I might try that this weekend as a way to use some of it
(07-02-2012, 05:06 PM)Stonewall Wrote: [ -> ]I never blanched them and they seemd fine but I do not know if you are supposed to or not. I have seen recipes for to make "crab" cakes with shredded zuccini and no crab meat, I might try that this weekend as a way to use some of it

Somewhere back through this thread is the "recipe" that I use. It's popular at my house.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11