Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Food preservation & preperation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
You should sample my coking sometime.
Asparagus almondine, apricot glazed pork roast, orange glazed chicken etc.,etc.. Dinner last night was beef stew and soda break with ice cold Harp to wash it down.
Don't know how it will go in the PZAW but for now the wife and I aren't starving!
(07-02-2011, 01:03 PM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [ -> ]You should sample my coking sometime.
Asparagus almondine, apricot glazed pork roast, orange glazed chicken etc.,etc.. Dinner last night was beef stew and soda break with ice cold Harp to wash it down.
Don't know how it will go in the PZAW but for now the wife and I aren't starving!

sounds great, in PZAW you should be just as inventive , use what you got and can find Big Grin
(07-02-2011, 01:03 PM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [ -> ]You should sample my coking sometime.

Apocalypse dinner w/ Lead Chef CBS?!?
Who doesn't like crab cakes?
here we go with a recipe. No canning this time around, but still no exact recipe.
Meals may be getting a little routine in the PZAW. Hopefully you have your survival garden planted and it's going well. Zucchinni (sp?) grows well and has a high yield per acre so it's a reasonable plant to include in your garden.
take a 12" zuc and grate it. No need to peel. Grate or chop an onion to yield about a half cup or so. Add about a a half teaspoon of celery salt and two teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning. Crack two eggs into the mix and start adding bread crumbs. It may take two cups or so. Keep adding about a quarter cup at a time and blend in until it gets to be a really sticky mess that will hold a ball shape. Flaten and place in an oiled frying pan. Fry on low heat until heated through and browned nicely. Enjoy as you would a crab cake.
Quick, easy and cheap and filling. Makes a nice "change of pace" meal.
Lunch today for my daughter in law's birthday.
Here's a good seasoning for steaks.
Mix 2 tablespoons garlic powder with 2 tablespoons onion powder.
Add 1/4 teaspoon celery salt. Rub over your steaks and let meat "rest" for a few hours, or up to a day. Grill to your preference.
(07-10-2011, 01:35 PM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [ -> ]Lunch today for my daughter in law's birthday.
Add 1/4 teaspoon celery salt. Rub over your steaks and let meat "rest" for a few hours, or up to a day. Grill to your preference.

Are you using plutonium to heat your dinner or something wtf are those glowing things?????????????
(07-10-2011, 08:27 PM)MrB Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 01:35 PM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [ -> ]Lunch today for my daughter in law's birthday.

Are you using plutonium to heat your dinner or something wtf are those glowing things?????????????

looks like nuclear zucchini

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you believe zucchinni glows like that in a solar cooker? JK
My Blackberry camera got screwed up in a car accident a couple weeks ago and I really need to get it fixed but don't want to part with it long enough to have it repaired.
How does eggplant perform as a crop here in PA CBS?
I think my gram plants eggplant in the garden.. That shit's like purple-ish on the outside? Or am I thinking of something else???? If it is, it does well in her garden every year I have seen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11