Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: NEW PERMIT REQUIRED FOR STATE GAME LANDS PUBLIC SHOOTING RANGE USERS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just planning on heading out to the game lands to pop off a few quick rounds so I checked to website to verify a couple rules.

BAM

Effective April 1 2011

Quote:Beginning April 1, 2011, those who shoot firearms at one of the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s State Game Lands public shooting ranges must possess and carry with them either an annual $30 range use permit or a current general hunting or furtaker license. Individuals without a range use permit or hunting or furtaker license will be fined.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...842&mode=2

I'm not upset about the price or anything, it's just an annoyance that I now have to get one. Wish I had a printer because the nearest office I can get one is an hour and a half away.

So be aware folks, don't get in trouble.

EDIT: A general hunting adult permit is just 20 bucks and available at many locations, so really, that would be the way to go.
(05-02-2011, 01:08 PM)AWS2111 Wrote: [ -> ]Just planning on heading out to the game lands to pop off a few quick rounds so I checked to website to verify a couple rules.

BAM

Effective April 1 2011

Quote:Beginning April 1, 2011, those who shoot firearms at one of the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s State Game Lands public shooting ranges must possess and carry with them either an annual $30 range use permit or a current general hunting or furtaker license. Individuals without a range use permit or hunting or furtaker license will be fined.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...842&mode=2

I'm not upset about the price or anything, it's just an annoyance that I now have to get one. Wish I had a printer because the nearest office I can get one is an hour and a half away.

So be aware folks, don't get in trouble.

EDIT: A general hunting adult permit is just 20 bucks and available at many locations, so really, that would be the way to go.

Thanks for the link. Was wondering where to go about getting one of these...
learned about this at my last sportsmans club meeting... more motivation to get a membership at an established club. Personally for me the closest public range is the state game lands in Wexford. I swear that place is a magnet for idiots. I've been there multiple times and seen people continue to fire after an all clear was called with people walking down range... needless to say, as soon as I got my membership I havent returned to wexford since
I don't mind the price. The range by me has been kept in great shape since the rule went into effect. The frequency of idiots shooting their weapons at air and not following range rules has decreased greatly. If only people would start policing their brass regularly the world would be a beautiful place.
(05-02-2011, 02:58 PM)Chicago Ted Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind the price. The range by me has been kept in great shape since the rule went into effect. The frequency of idiots shooting their weapons at air and not following range rules has decreased greatly. If only people would start policing their brass regularly the world would be a beautiful place.

I'm pretty sure the Wexford one has given up on gravel and it's now strictly brass on the ground. I always do my best to get mine, sometimes puddles make it impossible. To make up for any I miss I grab anything I see in my caliber, no matter how old it looks.
(05-02-2011, 03:51 PM)AWS2111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2011, 02:58 PM)Chicago Ted Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind the price. The range by me has been kept in great shape since the rule went into effect. The frequency of idiots shooting their weapons at air and not following range rules has decreased greatly. If only people would start policing their brass regularly the world would be a beautiful place.

I'm pretty sure the Wexford one has given up on gravel and it's now strictly brass on the ground. I always do my best to get mine, sometimes puddles make it impossible. To make up for any I miss I grab anything I see in my caliber, no matter how old it looks.

that is the one good thing about that range is that no one picks up their brass... that is if you collect to reload. otherwise its just a pain in the ass. On a sunday afternoon if you go there you can pick up all the popular calibers and stock up. In the past I've got a couple hundred 9mm/45acp and a decent amount of .223 for reloading. I haven't invested in a set up yet, but I knew that from day 1 I would start at some point. needless to say Ive got a shit ton of brass stockpiled haha.
I was just at my cabin Sunday and took two rifles along to hit up the range. Well, guess what got left behind? My stupid licence! I was not taking chances with these tree hugging bunny police so, home it was!
Gone two times since I've posted this. Definitely less people on the ranges, actually had it to myself for a little while today, midday, with nice weather. Not something that used to happen. I can't comment what weekends are like, I've also seen an idiot or two(who are probably lacking permits). Still, better than before.
when i start shooting again, i'm just gonna get a hunting license. with that, i can apply for a FL, NH, CT, and other non-res permits that require a training course. plus, it's cheaper than the range permit, and it gives me an excuse to finally go hunting.
AWS the idiots will always be around. I wanna be around when the Bunny Police bust um!
Pages: 1 2