Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: How To Build Your Own Target Stand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to build your own target stand
any reason why you chose wood over say pvc piping?
couple reasons, I just prefer the options when working with wood as opposed to pipe, and to me storing flat boards is easier than having a bunch of pipe rolling around. I think wood is also more versatile because if you want to make changes/add features you have a lot more freedom to do so.... you'll see what I mean when i post the vid of my resetting target that I built
(04-11-2011, 08:13 AM)NoMoreOp4 Wrote: [ -> ]couple reasons, I just prefer the options when working with wood as opposed to pipe, and to me storing flat boards is easier than having a bunch of pipe rolling around. I think wood is also more versatile because if you want to make changes/add features you have a lot more freedom to do so.... you'll see what I mean when i post the vid of my resetting target that I built

the only problem I see with wood would be that it could deteriorate a lot faster than PVC piping.
Very interesting and not what I had in mind from your description, imagine that!
(04-11-2011, 02:57 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011, 08:13 AM)NoMoreOp4 Wrote: [ -> ]couple reasons, I just prefer the options when working with wood as opposed to pipe, and to me storing flat boards is easier than having a bunch of pipe rolling around. I think wood is also more versatile because if you want to make changes/add features you have a lot more freedom to do so.... you'll see what I mean when i post the vid of my resetting target that I built

the only problem I see with wood would be that it could deteriorate a lot faster than PVC piping.

thats what I thought at first when I made my first one, but thats not true in reality. only time the targets get exposed to the elements is if its precipitating while Im shooting... which does not effect the wood much at all. I dont like the way pvc breaks either bc a lot of times the cracks formed spread farther and compromise more of the target