Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Official ZRT Weapon PIC Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In that case you're all set.
Quote:Nice weapon! I am trying to complete my AR10 into a SASS. I need a scope and a bi pod. Hopefully for Christmas I will get enough gift certificates to replace the scope on my Rem 700 in 308. Then Ill switch scopes and put the new one on the 700 and the old one on the AR10. The scope on the 700 is good enough to touch 3 rounds at 100 yards. I wanna make just one hole with 3 rounds Big Grin

It's not the scope's fault ;-) Also...ditch that grip-pod. Yeah they look cool, but the only time they get used is when you need to put your rifle down to eat chow...so we got to calling them "chow-pods." The slight upward pressure put on the forwards assembly of the rifle does shift the point of impact. I've practiced shooting off the magazine and it works wonders, not to mention reducing the bulk and weight of the rifle by not needing to put more stuff on it. Just my $.02, it is "A way, not THE way."
(12-06-2010, 06:11 AM)kiltedguard Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Nice weapon! I am trying to complete my AR10 into a SASS. I need a scope and a bi pod. Hopefully for Christmas I will get enough gift certificates to replace the scope on my Rem 700 in 308. Then Ill switch scopes and put the new one on the 700 and the old one on the AR10. The scope on the 700 is good enough to touch 3 rounds at 100 yards. I wanna make just one hole with 3 rounds Big Grin

It's not the scope's fault ;-) Also...ditch that grip-pod. Yeah they look cool, but the only time they get used is when you need to put your rifle down to eat chow...so we got to calling them "chow-pods." The slight upward pressure put on the forwards assembly of the rifle does shift the point of impact. I've practiced shooting off the magazine and it works wonders, not to mention reducing the bulk and weight of the rifle by not needing to put more stuff on it. Just my $.02, it is "A way, not THE way."

I don't shoot off the Gripod. I basicaly use it to keep from having the set the rifle on its side when I set it down. I do rest my support hand on it a bit when shooting though, like I would any vertical grip.I've been around ARs since I was 17, I'm 45 now. I know what way works for me. Bulk doesn't bother me. I've carried bigger and heavier.

(12-06-2010, 02:06 PM)PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2010, 06:11 AM)kiltedguard Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't shoot off the Gripod. I basicaly use it to keep from having the set the rifle on its side when I set it down. I do rest my support hand on it a bit when shooting though, like I would any vertical grip.I've been around ARs since I was 17, I'm 45 now. I know what way works for me. Bulk doesn't bother me. I've carried bigger and heavier.

That's what she said pooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww :-) It's cool It's A way...not THE way. It's all about comfort.
By the way, I know I personally would appreciate a full review of the Del-ton parts. As I've said, I'm happy with my barrel, but I know many can be hesitant about going with them. An M4 buildup similar to yours is probably in my future and I may go with them.
(12-06-2010, 09:03 PM)AWS2111 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I know I personally would appreciate a full review of the Del-ton parts. As I've said, I'm happy with my barrel, but I know many can be hesitant about going with them. An M4 buildup similar to yours is probably in my future and I may go with them.

I used an Aero Precision lower receiver and it matched up perfect with the Del Ton upper receiver. I used my e2 Bushmaster to compare the upper kit and there was virtually no difference other then the DTI is a flat top and the Bushy is an a-2. The DTI upper mated up perfect with the Bushmater lower too. I didn't shoot it until after I changed out the DI parts for the Adams Arms Piston Kit. It took me about two hours total to put everything together. I had never put a trigger together before. I followed directions on ar15.com and on a youtube video. I ran it through the function checks and there were no issues.

I sighted it in this weekend. I shot some real nice groups with iron sights at 25 yards to zero it and then at 100 yards. The Eotech was so easy to zero and then sight in. I put 17 of 20 shots, 1 after another, in the -0 circle of an IDPA target at 100 yards. I wish I'd gone with an Eotech several years ago. I had limited time on the range this weekend because of guests. I expect to spend more time on the range this weekend after the Gun Show at the Farm Show Center in Harrisburg. I plan on dialing in the irons a little better this weekend and trying to see if I can tighten up the Eotech groups too.

Like I said earlier, I've been shooting ARs for a long time. In the military it was Colts or whichever they issued me. As a cop on CRT and my own personal weapons I've had Bushmasters. The DTI shoots just as good as any of the others.

I've read that DTI uses Mossberg and Wilson made barrels. Whoever they use is doing things right.
Sounds like DTI is a good choice. Glad everything went together well.
Got this from my gun-dealer today.
"pre-ban" LEINAD Cobray M11/9
[Image: 4v0a48.jpg]

(12-17-2010, 12:00 AM)Crowd Control Wrote: [ -> ]Got this from my gun-dealer today.
Cobray M11 (9mm)
[Image: 4v0a48.jpg]

The first thing I ever learned to bump fire!Big Grin Awsome weapon! My friend might be selling his 380 to me, just waiting on him to give it up
Quote:The first thing I ever learned to bump fire!Big Grin Awsome weapon! My friend might be selling his 380 to me, just waiting on him to give it up

Yeah they are pretty neat. I like the fact that they are one of the very few American made SMG's in production since the Second World War... After WWII, the U.S. pretty much threw away the idea of using "small machineguns" for combat. Just wish I could afford a 'true' full-auto one.