Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: SEC-4 meeting spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
When the SHTF it definitely will be good to have strength in numbers. The only problem is the meeting place, speaking from an entire sector standpoint that is. While the PMSC sounds like a good place to meet for those east of the city, I certainly would not be heading that direction being from the west. It is hard enough to get to Monroeville during rush hour, let alone when the entire city is trying to flood out to avoid becoming dinner. It will turn 376 into a zombie's smorgasboard, and you're on the menu.

I think it might be more effective to initially meet in small groups strategically based on location - getting farther from the city and at each stop combining our ranks. While some might fall behind in a scheduled accumulation like that there certainly wouldnt be any more losses than trying to cross right through the most heavily populated spot in the sector.

In regards to this, please send me a PM if you live west of the city, near the area of Robinson, or anywhere within 45 minutes basically. I would like to get an idea of who is around. I may start a new thread on this to possibly set up a group shoot once the weather improves.

im thinking beings that most of south west pa is connected by rivers, why not use them as traffic routes in the event of z-day, there are a few great places ive fished that would serve well as a base camp or small hq that are on the water, and easy to defend. you can hear boat traffic coming a mile away.
Not to mention, all my research indicates that Zombies can't swim.
My 8 year old who IS the Zombie authority also tells me that they CAN NOT operate boats.
Zombies dont need to swim. As long as the water isnt too deep they could hypothetically walk across the bottom of a river/lake/etc...
it only takes a few inches of ice to support a walking person.
(07-09-2009, 03:54 PM)larry0071 Wrote: [ -> ]
omegac Wrote:gonna be heading to your house then thats for sure.!! ill bring the generators. wonder if we could rig up natural gas gens off your wells.
I think it can be done, but the carb on the engine needs to modified I think. I have just one small 5000W gasoline powered generator. I have used it during the storm season when power goes out for a couple days. What I do is put the geny outside and run an extension cord in the basement and up into the kitchen to a power strip and run the fridge, charge phones, plug in the furnace and water tank as well as deep freeze and just a couple lights. Like that, I can take hot showers, keep the food preserved, and warm the house during the outage.

With your concept of a natural gas geny you could go on like this until the engine died from wearing out. Who knows how short of a time that would be? Weeks? Months? Unless it was a high quality Honda engine, I don't think your going to go too long on an engine. I could be wrong?

a bit late, but im pretty new on here so im just reading previous posts but you can find the directions here << http://www.ehow.com/how_5011387_convert-...l-gas.html >> seems pretty easy, provided you have the kit.
I'm new to the site, but I've been considering zapoc for a few years now. I'm glad I found this so now I have others to train with, teach what I've learned, and learn what they have to teach. That being said I am located between zelienople and ellwood city. So driving to the PMSC for me would probably prove to be a fatal decision. I really like the idea of splitting sector 4 into quadrants to establish a bol/convoy. If anybody from this area say cranberry/ mars to ellwood city, then out to say beaver would like to discuss a bol to meet up and convoy to a greater determined northern location let me know. I always kinda just figured is bug out to the tionesta area. Buy that was before I became involved with PAZRT. Let me know what you think.
Welcome aboard!
ZOMBIE thread alert! Tongue

In re-reading this thread, I didn't see any mention of South Hills folk, nor those FURTHER south down through the Mon Valley. I have some thoughts on a possible BoL site below Uniontown, but how about rallying somewhere around Uniontown, for an escape into the hills?
Pages: 1 2 3 4