Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Weapons & Ammunition (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Weapons-Ammunition)
+--- Thread: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? (/Thread-who-is-your-favorite-firearm-manufacturer)

Pages: 1 2 3

who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - andrewjs18 - 04-29-2010

personally, I love CZ firearms...I currently only own a CZ 85B, but that's fine for me!

I'm also a big fan of STI firearms..they're made in America and are built with quality. I don't own 1, but have shot them before.

and who cannot mention Glock..the Cadillac of firearms! though I don't personally own a glock, I still do like their accuracy, design & overall quality..I dislike their ergonomics though. if they ever came out with a glock with a slimmer grip, I'd be all over it!

RE: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - jahwarrior72 - 04-29-2010

so far, i've had good luck with S&W and Taurus. the majority of pistols i've owned have been from them, and they've all been good guns. whether it's been a 1911 or a snubbie, i've had good luck.

i'm with you on Glocks. i can't deny that they deserve their reputation, but i can't shoot the fucking things worth a damn. the worst are the baby Glocks; something so small shouldn't be so fat in the grip. the only Glock i ever picked up that felt good and pointed naturally was a customized Bowie Tactical Custom.

RE: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - andrewjs18 - 04-29-2010

(04-29-2010, 11:08 AM)jahwarrior72 Wrote: so far, i've had good luck with S&W and Taurus. the majority of pistols i've owned have been from them, and they've all been good guns. whether it's been a 1911 or a snubbie, i've had good luck.

i'm with you on Glocks. i can't deny that they deserve their reputation, but i can't shoot the fucking things worth a damn. the worst are the baby Glocks; something so small shouldn't be so fat in the grip. the only Glock i ever picked up that felt good and pointed naturally was a customized Bowie Tactical Custom.

something that I liked a lot was the Walther PPS, but damn man..it's like $700 for a sub-compact!

slimmer grip line than the glock and almost the same overall length..didn't recoil nearly as much as the glock either, IMHO..the felt recoil was less..again, IMHO.

RE: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - jahwarrior72 - 04-29-2010

i got to shoot one a few months after they hit the shelves, they are pretty sweet.

(04-29-2010, 11:26 AM)jahwarrior72 Wrote: i got to shoot one a few months after they hit the shelves, they are pretty sweet.

yeah...I shot Buster's..I was surprised how nice it felt. I can't remember if it had the dumb mag release on the trigger guard or not..I absolutely hate that design by walther.

RE: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - Chazman321 - 04-29-2010

I prefer Ruger, my P95 has never let me down and my GP100 is built like a tank... lol I also like Taurus and Springfield. I can't stand Glocks personally, none of them feel good in my hands...

-Chaz

RE: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - sandbagger - 04-29-2010

My personal favorite is......the one that go BANG when you pull the trigger!!!Big Grin

Just kidding.....sort of.......

Glock, Remington, Para Ordanance, Mossberg, and now RRA......I know there's fancier but those are the ones I own and like but, for favorites.........

Pistol = Glock

Long Rifle = Remington

Shotgun = Remington

AR = RRA

Again,.....I gues it is the ones that go BANG!Big Grin

RE: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - Chip W - 04-29-2010

My list is pretty short considering I don't own a lot yet.

Pistol- I have a Glock so I guess I should say that, but I shot someone else's XD and liked that WAAAAYYYY more so it could be Springfield Armory soon enough.

Shotgun- Remington.

AR- have not acquired one yet.

(04-29-2010, 02:46 PM)Chip W Wrote: My list is pretty short considering I don't own a lot yet.

Pistol- I have a Glock so I guess I should say that, but I shot someone else's XD and liked that WAAAAYYYY more so it could be Springfield Armory soon enough.

Shotgun- Remington.

AR- have not acquired one yet.

man, I couldn't shoot my XD for shit..that was my first gun I owned..an XD service model in .40..

RE: who is your favorite firearm manufacturer? - nepawolf - 04-29-2010

Shotgun = Mossberg for the win. Everything else I'm a fan of Sig or H&K, they're just so expensive. As far as Glocks go, they all deserve to go where I threw my last one (and let it stay there permanently). They're not even worth selling. I know a lot of people like them, but they don't have true reliability, the accuracy is mediocre, and the ergonomics are for people with girl hands. Now, if they were $300-$350 brand new I'd cut them some slack, but they're trying to push it up past $600 now. It's a budget gun with a bigger price tag, you're better off with Taurus.