Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Zulu Romeo Tango (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Zulu-Romeo-Tango)
+--- Thread: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? (/Thread-What-got-you-into-the-Zombie-phenomenon)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - Biohazed - 01-17-2012

it would have to be the Original Dawn of the dead that got my interest .... then through other movies it grew .... watched a lot of them and it grew more and more ... and the more I thought about it I realized it could definitely happen so here I am

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - Undead Assassin - 01-17-2012

Not real sure when it started probably with Night of the Living Dead. I used to watch all kinds of horror movies with my grandmom while growing up since we were the only ones in the family that liked them. Now I get to watch them with my kids at least my youngest one, probably the only 6 year old that wanted to see Resident Evil and would stand on the seats at the movie theater yelling to shoot them in the head.

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - Zombie.Hunter - 03-14-2015

Hmmm, This is a good question to ask myself,
I know right now at this moment I have so many Zombie related items in my home...
Collectibles, decorations, I've gotten 3 "I survived" medals from 3 different Zombie races.
Two Run for your lives Zombie 5k's and one The Zombie Mud run medal
and right now approx. 180+ Zombie movie DVD's.
I imagine myself at times in an apocalyptic world, surviving day to day, being a warrior, a soldier and a survivor.
I am intrigued by surviving, and thinking how awesome it would be if the world was somewhat empty and my playground.
I love learning new things and having the ability to survive and keep my family safe from whatever the hell is coming.

I believe in "Living" and that's what I try to do, live my life to the fullest and that's what really brings me to this genre, knowing that just like in real life, like as in a zombie movie, Live your life because you don't know when you're gonna bite it, Or get bit!

So to the question, what made me start enjoying zombies, or the zombie genre, I really can't remember because its been so damn long since I've been Zombie Free Smile but they've given me a whole new outlook on life and I enjoy every minute of it.

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - The War Wagon - 03-14-2015

Getting banned at POOFA. Tongue

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - Officer235 - 03-14-2015

Lived between two cemeteries growing up. Had a real connection with the original Night of the Living Dead. Like everybody else, it's a fun topic to use for preparedness. When I used to work at the A&P (remember them?) We had a bad storm from a hurricane and it flooded the bottom end of the township. Our store had water up to the doors, with most of the parking lot lower we couldn't reach our cars to go home. So after three days we realized the importance of having the stuff to survive. At least it was a grocery store we where trapped in.
Also after I went in to the USAF I had a lot of survival training and it's stayed with me ever since.

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - hile-dog - 04-17-2015

as a kid i grew up in a military family had all this knowledge i couldnt put it to use i was in pre school when 9/11 happend so my dad started preping in a wayhe bought guns and a truck full of toilet paper that we are still using now im 19 and a senior in highschool watching this world fall a part
with isis act like the nazis in ww2. A couple years ago i was 14 when i started to notice that this world is falling apart i started preping by reading my dads old military manuals watching doomsday prepers and other survival shows learning trades like welding masonry basic carpentry
im learning every thing and any thing because you never will know when you need the knowledge
like i alway say id have it and not need it to need it and not have it i use this saying for every thing my dad taught me few thing s like how disarm some one with a knife i can shoot farley well depends on the fire arm you know even though my generation consists of idiots we lived through a lot a economic collapse a few stand offs 4 wars and possibly a world war history is doomed to repeat its self but my generation doesnt realize this like i said idiots. back to the subject what got me into zombies was that in a zombie apocalypse you need a little of everything the way of supplies i figure whats next in this world a zombie apocalyspe

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - The War Wagon - 04-18-2015

I think for a nice, modern-day economic disaster, leading to "social unrest," is the most LIKELY 'zombie' scenario, followed closely by a mohameddan backpack nuke/EMP attack.

The WEALTH of free info on Survivalblog, plus Rawles easily searched archives, make it the best 'checklist,' to see how your preps are coming along.

Yeah, the private ranch in ID or WY ain't happenin' anytime soon, but his practical stuff - with attention to detail - is HARD to beat.

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - Zombie.Hunter - 04-23-2015

I really don't think there is anything in the burgh worth blowing up, If some Jihad freak with a backpack bomb is around here, he's probably lost. Smile
Hey nut job Washington is thata way!
But then again for the most part you can buy anything these days, and outfit almost whatever with an explosive, if you can put it in a shoe or a pressure cooker... I'm sure a backpack that is mobile will be used next.
Let's all hope not, but it is plausible, so use this site as much as you can and prep while you can.

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - The War Wagon - 04-25-2015

(04-23-2015, 01:52 AM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: I really don't think there is anything in the burgh worth blowing up,

I'm pretty sure Pittsburgh was still targeted in the first wave of nuke strikes by the Soviets, right up until they went out of business. I suspect that hasn't changed under Putin...

RE: What got you into the Zombie phenomenon? - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 05-18-2015

Always liked the Zombie genre too. The way things are heading has made it much easier to become more active in preparing for it or other disasters.